Unwritten rules of Single Track
As much as the organisers try to position a race of this magnitude as fun and adventurous, there remains a need for rules. These rules are mainly created for your own safety and enjoyment.
The ride-of-way principal applies to single track and any challenging sections.
Ride-of-Way – this is a very simple concept that should apply to all fair mountain bikers all over the planet:
- If you are walking on a section because it is too technical or you are too tired you must give way to those riding.
- If you are behind a slower rider - ask nicely to pass but don't make them panic and fall. We are all here for a good time. Keep it nice and chilled and nobody will get hurt.
- If you are a man and she is a woman, try not to be too bitter about the fact that you are being beaten but pull off the side of the road and wish her well.
- Give Way – if there is a faster rider behind you try to find a safe place to let him or her pass you.
- If you are behind someone pushing simply ask for ride of way.
Substitution can be done without charge till 31 December 2018, thereafter you'll be charged R150 per person.
Any substitution of a substitute, will incur the charge of R150 per substitution, regardless of when the substitution was/is requested.
Riders wanting to cancel will forfeit the following part of their entry fee:
- 25% of entry fee will be retained for admin costs and the balance refunded if written notice is received 5 months before the event. (by 31 Aug '18)
- 50% of the entry fee will be refunded if written notice is received 3 months prior (by 31 Oct '18)
- 0% will be refunded if written notice is received less than 3 months prior (after 1 Nov '18)
- Riders cancelling before 15 December '18 will still be elligible to receive a goody bag.
- No refunds available on extras booked